Thursday, June 2, 2011

Packed and ready to go

My suitcase is packed and sitting in my car. My computer bag is sitting waiting for my computer. I leave in about 2 hours for the airport and I'm as ready as I'll ever be.

For those who have been following me, you'll likely remember all the *LOUSY* weather I've faced on my many training rides - the 28 degree weather on the Icicle Metric in March; the 40+ MPH winds at the Ocean to Bay in April; the pouring rain during the Diabetes ride in May - not to mention the regular cold and wet weather we've had this whole spring here in Delaware. Well....it looks like that was meant to train me for America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride. From the AMBBR website:
.....
As of Tuesday, May 31, 2011:
Weather Forecast for Sunday, June 5, 2011.
Mostly Cloudy with 40% chance of showers or thunderstorms. Day-time high temperatures – 50-55F

At this time, the 20th Annual America’s Most Beautiful Bike Ride will take place, Rain or Shine, as nearly 1600 Team In Training members are scheduled to travel from 59 different cities in the US / Canada and participate in the event. There is no option to reschedule this event.

Bike the West will do everything possible to provide for the Safety and Welfare of all participants, including the possibility of delaying the Start Time and/or altering the course routes, and providing additional SAG Transport Support for the course.

Please be prepared and dress accordingly for the possibility of showers.

We are also working on alternate indoor facilities if inclement weather should presents itself on June 5.
.....

Whee. Well, here goes. At worst, sounds like I might be doing 100 miles of laps around a velodrome...I'm actually laughing as I type this. What a crazy journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment