Tuesday, May 24, 2011

An Epiphany

So, as I was climbing the hills of Cecil and Chester Counties this Sunday (re-riding the Icicle Metric), I realized that 100 miles is simply not going to happen. At this point in my training, I can complete a 50 mile ride, but I'm simply not able to get beyond that yet (especially if there are hills involved).

I'm going to go to Tahoe, ride until I need to stop, and then I'm stopping. No guilt. I raised close to $6,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I have biked more and further than I could have imagined when I bought my bike about 14 months ago. I have nothing to be ashamed of.

I intend to fully enjoy my time in Tahoe (I've never been there before so I'm excited about seeing it) and I'm going to enjoy the ride, and I'm going to go as far as I can. Then I'm going to enjoy the post-event party without guilt!

And then I'll set my sights on another century, and keep working toward it.

No comments:

Post a Comment