Saturday, March 5, 2011

The mileage is adding up

Today I'm supposed to ride 35 miles. It's supposed to be warm (highs around 60F) and would be perfect for a nice long ride. But I scheduled too much today in too many broken chunks, so I can't ride 3+ hours at a time. I guess at least I'll break it into segments and at least get the saddle time in.

Last week I rode with members of the team and we took Route 82 from Greenville to Kennett. Beautiful ride, with some tricky hills. I held my own until near the end. I tried to shift into a lower gear to go up a hill and my gear got stuck. Momentum ceased and I found myself walking the hill. After that it was all mental. I couldn't do the other 2 hills I encountered. Amazing what happens when your head just isn't in the right place.

I had my bike fitted before last week's ride, and it made a big difference. I also got new pedals that I can clip into. Now I need to practice clipping and unclipping my shoes, so I don't tip over like a loser, with my feet stuck in the pedals. :o) I think I'm going to try that this morning, while I'm waiting for a 9:00 am appointment.

I have two fundraiser dinners coming up - On Monday, March 7, anyone who dines at Friendly's on Kirkwood Highway in Newark, DE from 5-9 pm will be helping Team in Training - a percentage of your check will be donated!

Also, on Tuesday, March 22, I'm hosting a dinner at Casablanca Moroccan Restaurant on Route 13 in New Castle, Delaware. $30 per person gets you 6 amazing courses of wonderful Moroccan food, served family style. Plus there will be a belly dancer. Tip is included, but alcoholic beverages are not. 20% of proceeds go to Team in Training. Please RSVP to me for this event.

Also, if you are interested in PartyLite votives, tealights, or jar candles, let me know - I am selling them, and 50% of the proceeds go to Team in Training.

Or you can just donate by clicking This Link

Thanks for the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment