Friday, March 18, 2011

Metric Century Coming Up!

First of all - MY FUNDRAISING TOPPED $4,000 THIS MORNING! I'm quickly closing in on my goal! If you want to help me stop worrying about fundraising and just enjoy the rest of the journey, please visit my donation website. Any gift, no matter how small, will help fight blood cancers.

Also, please consider joining me at my next fundraiser - Dinner at Casablanca Moroccan Restaurant in New Castle, DE on Tuesday, March 22 at 6:00 pm. It's only $30 per person, including tip (alcoholic beverages are available but are not included) and you get a 6 COURSE meal! And there will be a bellydancer! Good times! Hope you can join us if you live nearby!

As I said last time, the mileage is really piling up. Last Saturday I did 40 miles! To put that into perspective, I rode from my house in New Castle, DE to Elkton, MD - I crossed the Mason-Dixon Line, BABY!! OH YEA!! :o)

On Sunday, my training schedule had me doing 20 miles, but I only did 10.7. However, it was a very productive 10.7, as I wore my bike shoes for the first time on a ride - on streets and everything! I even crossed the highway with them! I feel a lot more confident about wearing the shoes and snapping in and out of the pedals. I now plan to wear them this weekend for another 40 mile ride (in Lancaster County for a change - anyone have any routes to suggest?) and for the Metric Century (62 miles) next weekend in Newark.

I'm also signed up for a 50 mile ride in Bethany Beach in April, and a 50 mile ride in Newark in May (Tour de Cure, benefiting diabetes research - my father died from complications related to diabetes, so it's another charity close to my heart). If anyone wants to join me for all (or part - all of these rides have shorter versions), please let me know - it's fun to ride with people you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment