Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day

Well, I don't really get snow days anymore, thanks to technology (I blame Citrix) but at least I can work from home.
A wonderful restaurant in Wilmington, DE - Bella Vista Trattoria - held a fundraiser for me yesterday. They donated 15% of the proceeds of meals purchased by anyone who brought in a particular flyer. So last night I invited a bunch of family and friends to dine out. We had a wonderful meal, and I know we raised a bunch of money for Team in Training. I'll update with the final numbers once I receive the check.
When I got home, I didn't really feel like working out, but I forced myself to do 30 minutes on the treadmill. Have I mentioned how much I dislike the treadmill? But I wanted to watch the news, and TV in the room with the bike is not hooked up to the cable, but the TV in the room with the treadmill is. It wasn't so bad, I suppose. But it's amazing how few calories I burn walking on the treadmill vs riding my bike.
Well, I guess I'm off to burn more calories shoveling snow.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize you were in DE, I am too! :) We didn't get much snow last night, so no shoveling for us. You can burn loads of calories shoveling snow I know last year I lost weight during the blizzard LOL!

    ReplyDelete