Saturday, January 22, 2011

Planning a Party

Thursday, January 20, was my 44th birthday. A week from tonight (Jan 29) is my birthday party. Most years I throw myself a birthday party, with well over 100 of my favorite people. So this year, with Team in Training fundraising to do, I thought I'd combine the birthday party with a beef 'n' beer, to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Sounds like a lot of fun, and I certainly love to throw parties, but I feel like I'm running out of time - I sure hope this all works out and people actually come, and enjoy themselves too!

I collected a bunch of raffle prizes from wonderful, generous local merchants - we're going to have 10 baskets with great prizes - some worth over $200!! If anyone reading this is interested in attending, let me know and I'll get you the info. The event is in Newark, Delaware.

Something tells me my 44th year is going to be an amazing one!

1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful party Maria, wish we could be there.

    ReplyDelete